"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Some Easter Finery

Happy Sunday Everyone!
We have had a wonderful weekend.  The kids
came home to celebrate Lehmer's birthday.
We all went off of our diets in a big way, so
we have a week to get back to normal 
before our Easter celebrating.  So many
wonderful things to eat -- so many 
birthday sweets.  Oh, well, we do this
every year.  You would think we would
learn.  The only one who stayed on his
diet was Avery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to share some more of my Easter
decorating, just simple things that I pull
out every year.  Can't wait until next hear
when all the eggs and bunnies come out
for Avery.
 This is one of a season series that I hang
over my stove in the kitchen.  I take it
down if cooking something really greasy.
I know it is a bad place to hang them, 
but I love them there.
 My sweet friend, Ethel, same to see Avery 
yesterday and brought me these beautiful
lilacs.  Wish you could smell them.
Note the paper mache bunny and my big
Easter design tucked in the branches. 
 Here are some eggs I dyed and some tissue paper
covered eggs that I did years ago.   Some things just
never go out of style.  They are nested in antique
lace instead of grass.
 More bunnies and more eggs that I made.
 Now this is an Easter basket.  I filled this with
baby roses years ago and pull it out every Spring.
Lastly, a great vintage plastic basket filled 
with another one of my eggs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, just a couple things to offer you.
I made a few journals for some one's Spring
notes.  I covered them with aged scrim and embellished
the little one with a wonderful lavender "vintage" crocheted
trim and a brass flower basket charm.  The large one is
 trimmed with lavender and cream "vintage" crocheted
trim. Wouldn't these make wonderful little Easter gifts?
SPRING JOURNALS
 They each have 50 craft paper pages.
 Large journal $11.50 shipping included.
8" High X 5 3/4" Wide
Small journal $7.50 shipping included.
4" High X 3" Wide
JOURNALS SOLD! 
THANK YOU! 
SPRING SHEEP BOX WITH WAXER 
AND PIN CUSHION


This is such a sweet little box, filled
 with a felted wool pincushion and sheep waxer. 
 The little scene was hand painted by me with a painted 
scalloped edging.  The paper mache box has been
 painted, aged, and distressed, and the edging around the 
top is applied paper.  The box is a 3 1/2" oval and is 
1 1/2" high. Hope you like it.
$22.50 includes shipping
BOX SOLD!
THANK YOU!
I will be making another one, so if 
anyone is interested, let me know.
SHEPHERDESS MAGNET
Lastly, I have my decoupaged magnet.  The
print which I painted is applied to a wooden
square that measures 2" X 2".
$7.50 shipping included.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me know if there is something you like.
I take Paypal, VISA, MC, and checks.
Just email or call me.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment