"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Stuff

Good Afternoon Everyone!
I know many of you have already started preparing
for Thanksgiving.  Not I!!  I've just finished my
last publication for 2011 and it will be on its way
to my Automatic Shoppes today.  Yeah!!
So here they are in all their Christmas glory.
Sweet little projects that can be stitched in just
a few hours.  The finishing is also easy.  You
know me, if it isn't simple to finish than it isn't
a Homespun Elegance project.
XXXXXXXXXXX
"MERRY BIRDIES"
$8.00
and
"Rounds 'A Plenty I - Christmas"
$9.00
 This is a side view so that you can see that the design
goes all the way around.

A closeup so you can see the Amber Pearl Star
button at the top.
These designs are stitched on a 27 Count linen
banding.  I used Weeks Dye Works Pearl
Cotton and "Merlot Houndstooth" felted wool
for the top and the bottom.  Even a good 
quality wool felt would work for the top and
bottom.  We also have an Embellishment Pack
that includes one length of the linen banding
and the "Amber Pearl Star" button.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
I hope all of you have a great evening.  I can now
start my Thanksgiving preparations.  Lehmer and
I are so excited.  We will be spending Thanksgiving
with our family and we have 
 two new sweet babies to add to our joy -
Avery and Piper.  Piper is my sister's third little 
granddaughter.  We are definitely going to need a 
bigger dining room table soon.
We have been so blessed and are so thankful.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Well, no "Merry Stitches" for me tonight.
The kitchen is calling.
"Merry Stitches" to you though,
Sandra


6 comments:

  1. Oh so worth waiting for - these are wonderful designs Sandra - wish I could eek in some crafting time before the holidays, but it isn't looking good. Hope the first of the new year brings a little more balance and routine to my life - and crafting time to sooth my anxious soul! Have a wonderful holiday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs Sandra, love the birds!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I really like these wow.
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your designs! Especially your reproduction samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear sandra, i always love your designs so much..they are all so beautiful..
    happy thanksgiving to you and your family.
    big hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful designs! Those Merry Birdies will be flying their way into my stash for sure!
    A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete