"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Monday, November 15, 2010

Back From Williamsburg

Good Evening Everyone!
I hope everyone had as nice a weekend as I 
had.  Hollis and I took off to Williamsburg,
Virginia, for what has become our annual
Christmas shopping/delivering to Haus
Tirol - The Stitching Well.  For many years
Just Cross Stitch has held a seminar in
Williamsburg the first weekend in December.
Haus Tirol, the local shoppe, hosts a 
reception each year.  Many designers
send their trunk shows for this 
wonderful event.  Since I live so close,
I usually deliver my designs and combine
it with a great visit to Williamsburg.  I
am very familiar with this wonderful
town.  Cameron, my son, graduated
from William and Mary, so our family
visited very often.  Such great memories
we have of that time.  
Anyway, Hollis and I had a nice visit
with Lydia and Paula, the lovely owners 
of Haus Tirol, and then we took off for
our adventure.  We shopped and
shopped and shopped.  I was exhausted,
but very satisfied with the results.  I was
getting a little stressed that I had not
given Christmas gifts much of a thought,
but now I am feeling much better.
XXXXXXXXXX
I am offering you another little
Christmas goodie tonight.  I did a publication
a few years ago called "Merry Heart
Ornaments I", which contains four
great heart-shaped ornaments.  

Note the heart second from the right.  Well, here
is an ornament that I have made from wooden
plaques with a similar saying decoupaged on the
plaque.  It measures approximately 6" by 1 1/2", not 
counting the hanger and is aged for that "primitive"
 look that we all love.  Just the perfect little gift for a 
friend if you do not have the time to stitch  the heart 
ornament.  Or even better, give them both!!
"Merry Heart Ornaments I" retails for $7.50 
and the wooden plaque is $6.00.
Let me know if you would like either or
 both and I will determine the shipping.
XXX PROCLAMATION XXX
New designs will be appearing on ETSY
soon, along with stitched models, and other
great Christmas and gift items.
"MERRY STITCHES",
Sandra




1 comment:

  1. HI Sandra, it sounds like you had a wonderful time...hope you got some much needed sleep. I visited a wonderful shop in Tulsa, the Silver Needle. They carried many of your designs which I got. I just finished the Halloween Sampler and am going to start one of your many Christmas designs that I purchased. I am having so much fun stitching them. Thank you. Love your blog and I love to see what you are working on!
    Have a blessed week.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete